• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 boom winch help

762NATO

New here, search turned up nothing for me but I'm not super internet savvy so if this has been addressed a re-direct and delete would be appreciated.

I'm currently working on a M936 crane truck and the winch on the boom is currently INOP. I pulled the lines leading to the winch and there was absolutely no fluid in the lines, but the pump end had fluid to the top of the fittings. I'm assuming this is the pump, its a round steel casing bolted to the winch and was also told it was the pump by another mechanic but I see no wires/electric motor running to it like I'm used to. Currently tracing back fittings in the line to a point where I have fluid. I should also note that all other hydraulic systems related to the boom work (boom up/down, in/out, rotate)

Slight leak out of the boom winch itself but no evidence of a major leak to be found, although it has not been in use since purchased 6 months ago.

Thanks for any and all help

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That is NOT the pump, that is the drive motor for the hoist, the pump drives off the transfer case pto,

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks