• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Gov Adjust fixed CTIS and M36A3 dehibernation

Hoefler

I recovered an M936A2 wrecker from Ripley late last fall. CTIS was lighting up but not cycling. Given winter was around the corner, I thought I would go through the truck to find the issue with the CTIS.
After a long winter all of my tires where very low, so outside of manually pumping up all the tires with a compressor, I decided to correct the system. After searching the TM's, I discovered the CTIS module can be reset by unplugging the module and plugging it back in. Once I did this, along with adjusting my air compressor governor from 120 to 130 PSIG, the CTIS came alive and pumped up all of my tires!
Great relief. Now, everything works on the truck.
I then moved on to start my M36A3 which was soared in an unheated barn all winter. The barn has no light in it, so the solargizer had no way off keeping the batteries fresh. I do have a battery cut off switch on her however. I flicked on the batteries (Optima red tops) and hit the starter. The batteries spun the engine like they where fresh. Before the engine made even a couple of revolutions, it came to life. Wow-the temp- here this morning was high 30's and the truck fired right up after sitting for months.
I put peppermint oiled up sheets along with moth balls all over my truck engine bay and interior. While it seems to keep the varmints from eating the truck, something was sturdy enough to blast through my defense system and eat one half of a new Jegs hat I had sitting on the seat. The hat was the only thing that got abused by something.
Got to play with my trucks today after waiting all winter. It was a good day.
Pete

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent Pete! I got my CTIS working too on my 936A2, I had no red dots at all, no cycling either. Mine turned out to be a bad solenoid on the pneumatic controller. Testing the pins for continuity was easy enough. I also got a hold of the speed signal generator mine was missing. I swapped out the pneumatic controller from my 923A2 and she started cycling and lights working. Went to town yesterday did our grocery shopping :) When you don't get any BII kit, those two storage compartments work great, you can get a cart full of items in one of them. I do have a leak somewhere as the CTIS never completes the job, but it gets the tires up to 75psi. My truck is very sluggish and I can't get it over 53mph running at 2200 rpm. Don't know if its the fuel filter and/or not physically shifting into 5th. Wasn't really paying attention if it was shifting into 5th, 53 was fast enough till I get used to the extra weight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks