• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Rotator Catwalk & 24v Boom Work Light

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It appears that the catwalk is a commonly "wiped out" or maybe "wiped off" piece of hardware on these machines. This truck is new to me - delivered by simp5782 who is a first class individual. The catwalk was chained up so it wouldn't flop out coming down the highway.

On further inspection, it seems that there should be two rubber tie-downs to hold it in place. Both of mine are broken. (Old and tired I guess) I tried looking through the TM's for a part number and found nothing. Could somebody point me to the right page or possibly say where one might buy those parts?

Picture below:

Rotator Catwalk Rubber Latch.jpg

Also looking (thinking?) maybe I am missing a work light that is mounted under the boom. If anybody happens to have one or at least the housing? The two wires that are hanging down look like the same connectors that the other work lights use. Placement so close to the boom supports may explain why it is gone :-( . Picture of that is below:

Boom Missing Work Light.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Depending on which size you need. Common "hood rubber latch"

As far as boom worklight. The original ones are horrible. Can't see much. Find a nice military LED flood light.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cat walks were not a "factory" item - so not in any TM. May have been a base mod or civi addition? Do you have a history of it?
A few wrecker owners have fab'd them.
(I have never had an issue accessing a standard crane cupola - just be careful with greasy/muddy boots.)

CSMDavis may have a lead on lights.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cat walks were not a "factory" item - so not in any TM. May have been a base mod or civi addition? Do you have a history of it?
(I have never had an issue accessing a standard crane cupola - just be careful with greasy/muddy boots.)

I posted a thread on this wrecker in the mods section. I think its from Aberdeen. Soo many mods and TACOM parts. Eh. Civilian wouldn't have done all the winch swaps.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Thank You. I thought maybe I was just overlooking it in the TM's. Somebody put some real effort into making it look like it belonged there. So far, no history and I don't know where to really look. There is a post about it when it was delivered saying that it may have been a test mule or possibly a commercial convert. It definitely has a few "hacks" that are not military. I can't imagine UTP cable being used for anything on a truck. Even less so on a military truck.

My assumption is that I need to trace those wires back to their source and remove them.

See pictures below.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks