• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Transfer Case Blown

ccbamatx

I was unloading my M936, high gear, reverse, and boom.. transfer case blown... cracked right down the middle. 1. What did I do wrong? 2. Where do I find the model number as I search for a new one? Thanks a lot.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a T-1138. They tend to do that under certain circumstances which you are now familiar with.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my guess, front end was locked in, or paddle valve at xfer shift rod was sticky and stuck in the lock position.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or it just went. They do that.

Jcappel has a transfer case for sale i believe.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was unloading my M936, high gear, reverse, and boom.. transfer case blown... cracked right down the middle. 1. What did I do wrong? 2. Where do I find the model number as I search for a new one? Thanks a lot.
You mind posting a couple of pictures of where exactly it split on each end? These are purely for comparative data for a project.

Describe the "unloading my M936" part if you will. Backing down trailer ramps? Backing over the wheel humps?

If this is a "new to you" truck are you sure the front axle was disengaged? These trucks have a history of being plumbed wrong on the air side, leaving the front axle engaged all the time.

Being a wrecker, there is easily enough weight on the on the rear tires to create the traction needed to bust the case without the front axle engaged.