• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 wrecker air system

battlecr

Need a little direction guys, just bought M936 according to to the manual the service brakes are supposed to applied when the transfer case PTO is engaged. This is a mechanical engagement. I've found the link arm and its hanging loose. But the valve that it reaches doesn't seem to be correct. Ive been through the parts manual but have been unable to locate a picture or a part number.

If anyone would happen to have a picture or info I would be greatful.

Thanks Don G

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Need a little direction guys, just bought M936 according to to the manual the service brakes are supposed to applied when the transfer case PTO is engaged. This is a mechanical engagement. I've found the link arm and its hanging loose. But the valve that it reaches doesn't seem to be correct. Ive been through the parts manual but have been unable to locate a picture or a part number.

Thanks Don G
Do you have a picture? Ive seen some trucks have it and some dont. Honestly i dont think you want that hooked up incase you need to help a recovery along you can always lock your spring brakes with your driveline brakes. And if you need more holding power with service brakes you can hook your air hose from your front emergency glad hand to your front service port.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks Don G

See if this thread helps if you really want that valve back working.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?156081-WRECKER-AIR-VALVE-936a2
Do you have a picture? Ive seen some trucks have it and some dont. Honestly i dont think you want that hooked up incase you need to help a recovery along you can always lock your spring brakes with your driveline brakes. And if you need more holding power with service brakes you can hook your air hose from your front emergency glad hand to your front service port.

Interesting trick with the gladhands Simp. I'll have to try that next time the rear brakes aren't enough to hold the truck while winching. I can be watching the cable spool properly instead of sitting in the cab pressing the pedal.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
See if this thread helps if you really want that valve back working.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?156081-WRECKER-AIR-VALVE-936a2

Interesting trick with the gladhands Simp. I'll have to try that next time the rear brakes aren't enough to hold the truck while winching. I can be watching the cable spool properly instead of sitting in the cab pressing the pedal.
Mhmm. Didnt think of that did you? Thats also your soldier B in the event of a brake leak detection.

battlecr

Thanks guys I ordered the valve, but the glad hand idea sounds really cool. I'm going to put a recovery winch on my 818 that would workj good for that!

Don G

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks