• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker Hydraulic Hoist Motor

charlesmann

@KN6KXR i tore one motor down and rebuilt it. Took about 1hr after i got it opened up. Putting it back together though, i couldnt get it perfectly back aligned to where i could spin the sq drive or the output shaft by hand. So i snugged the bolts down to where the shaft would barely turn by hand, installed it, hooked my lines back up, applied hydraulics in both directions, then proceeded to tighten the bolts the rest of the way.

Operated the crane winch for bout 10 min up and down, till i noticed a lot of wobble coming out of the winch drum support halves. Resealing those will be my next major job and will rebuild the spare first, instal that one on my tck, then repeat for the one currently installed.

KN6KXR

The 816 and 936s share the wrecker unit they just hooked hydraulics directly to everything on the 936 over using shafts under the bed everything on the boom is the same
Then I suppose the part was just flat out superceded.... I don't mind as it appears easy to get support for the Parker unit. Quick searches for the older Garwood/Hydreco unit yield little (if anything). Better knowledge base here for those than the manufacturer and all my TM's point to the new Parker unit.

I have a small leak at the seal on the square drive input but this may be lack of exercise. As you've said I need to run it more. Working on it was pulling stumps the other day and got the front wheels pretty far off the ground!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Then I suppose the part was just flat out superceded.... I don't mind as it appears easy to get support for the Parker unit. Quick searches for the older Garwood/Hydreco unit yield little (if anything). Better knowledge base here for those than the manufacturer and all my TM's point to the new Parker unit.

I have a small leak at the seal on the square drive input but this may be lack of exercise. As you've said I need to run it more. Working on it was pulling stumps the other day and got the front wheels pretty far off the ground!
They always leak. I welded mine up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks