• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker Hydraulic System Diagram

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Is there a detailed diagram of the M936 wrecker body hydraulic system available anywhere? I have not been able to find one so far in the TMs or the Point-to-Point schematic program.

I am interested in adding a smaller pilot winch on the back of my M936A1 to let me use the rear winch without having a couple soldier-Bs available. My plan is to add a small hydraulic winch with a free-spool feature on top of the rear winch's roller fairlead box. I'd run the small winch lead out around a snatch block at the load and then use it to drag the main rear winch cable out. The main rear winch doesn't have a free-spool feature, and that cable is HEAVY!

I'm hoping that there's a hydraulic system diagram out there somewhere that might help me figure out how to plumb in a new control valve, such that the new pilot winch and the existing rear winch can be operated simultaneously.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, I have not seen a diagram for the hydraulics for the M936 there maybe one someplace. In the back of the last manual there is some for the air and elec but no Hyd.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Yeah, I haven't seen one, either. I'd sure prefer a detailed theory of operation and tables of things like torque specs, over five volumes of hand-holding procedures for things that aren't applicable to what I need to do!

Csm Davis

Hey Mark i will try to look at one of my wreckers when I get a chance to tell you where to tie in, i have been looking at adding rear hydraulic outriggers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Thanks! I am also very curious about how you are thinking of adding hydraulic outriggers. After the rear winch, the outriggers are the second hardest thing to deal with for an out-of-shape engineer with a weak back and no soldier-Bs. Screwing the jackscrews up and down is only mildly inconvenient, but swinging the arms down and up (especially up) is hard on my back. Once the lift is all rigged, though, I sure love the power and finesse of that hydraulic crane.

M936A1

Valve details for gondola 4 valve block and rear winch single valve with power beyond .
Standard labels
P: Pump
T: Tank
Work ports: A and B or A1 and B1 how ever many spools.
It would be no unlikely to have a relief valve on each block and I know for certain there is on the 4 spool valve in the gondola.

There may be specific circuit reliefs on the 4 spool valve. Most likely high volume high thermal expansion like Boom lift and crowd function

Attachments

M936A1

Could someone tell me if these system heat up pretty quick . Mine seems warm after a little bit of use.
ALso wanting to confirm that the filter on the 936 wrecker is indeed a in let strainer/filter .

charlesmann

Hey Mark i will try to look at one of my wreckers when I get a chance to tell you where to tie in, i have been looking at adding rear hydraulic outriggers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did you ever get to adding hyd outriggers to your wrecker? I was thinking of locating the controls for the 4 outriggers, in the r/h compartment, below the winch controls and just fwd of the rear outrigger, since winch plumbing is in that general area as well. I was thinking of just using 10 tn rams on each corner plus 1 up front, and pinning them in place for use, with QDs when the job is done, disconnect the QDs, de-pin the rams and stow them on the crane deck. But as someone else point, age rapidly creeping up, back surgery next month and who knows how well the surgery will go, i might still be left with a crippled back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks