• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A1 from auction

71DeuceAK

Nah, I just remember seeing one or two for like 2000 bucks, congrats! You in HI or having it shipped back to the mainland? For that price if I was in HI I'd have bid. I'd love a M936A1. I'd drive it everywhere.

saratoga

using in hawaii and trying to justify keeping. business address is in hawaii but live on west coast. where should I have title sent, make a difference? wasnt planning on registering for road but going to try

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
using in hawaii and trying to justify keeping. business address is in hawaii but live on west coast. where should I have title sent, make a difference? wasnt planning on registering for road but going to try

Have them send the title to wherever you are. It'll be the same piece of paper either way. Without knowing more, I'd think you and the title and the truck should all be in HI.

To thebest of my knowledge, California would want to put eyes on the truck before giving you a title or plates.

I have no idea what the vagaries of HI registration are.

Right now it's taking just short of forever to get titling documents from GP anyway...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it is. did you see anything wrong with it?
I went and looked at the auction details. The bad -

1) XLs on the steer axle. (Minor)
2) more rust than ie like to see. ( duh, it's in the tropics)

3) It is not seen to run. Anything not seen to run is presumed incapable of running. Batteries are missing, and fluids drained. That may be the cause of it not running, or they may have been removed because it's a nonrunner for some ominous reason.

4) brakes are caged. Front shackles are hanging on the winch. It certainly got to its current location other than under its own power.

The good -

1)appears to be generally in good shape.

2) it's where you need it to be

3) you got it fantastic cheap.

4) much of the BII is present.

I speculate it'll run. I further speculate that the fluids have not in actuality been drained.

That truck in CONUS in running condition is worth $10k-$17k. I think you did just fine...

71DeuceAK

I would definitely try to register it for on-road use, so that you don't have any issues later with NOT being able to register it, or it being hard to re-sell someday because it doesn't have a title/plates. While I can definitely imagine using one of these off-road only, as either an offroad mud toy or pulling other mudders out, or recovering mired farm equipment, or lifting on a farm/ranch, always good to be able to legally drive it on the public highways (even if you need a CDL, it might vary by state, but I imagine you might, being a wrecker). Don't give up on that aspect of it...yes, being an auction truck it can take a long time to get all the paperwork in order, such as the EUC to clear and to get the SF97 so you can actually to to the DMV (or whatever your state's equivalent thereof is) and get a title, but it will be well worth it in terms of being able to drive it on public highways and resale value later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks