• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A1 Mod? FMTV Wheels w/ Michelin 395X85RX20 XZL's

SLOrazorsedge

I have a shot at acquisition of FMTV wheels mounted with NOS Michelin XZL 395X85RX20 tires. I have a M936A1 with Combat wheels mounted with 14RX20 Michelin XL's that are starting to show sidewall cracking. Has anyone swapped out Combat rims and 14R20's and downsized to the 395X85RX20's on FMTV wheels? Are the FMTV wheels as strong/robust as the Combat wheels? The smaller diameter will have an impact on top speed but likely will be an asset to accelerating in traffic. Any thoughts appreciated either way, thanks guys.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt you will notice much of the power gain or speed loss, its only 2 inches. If you can get them for a good price, I'd jump on it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a m923. I use goodyear mvt 395's. Love them offroad in the Mississippi southern sandy red clay slop.
My 2 front rims are camian wheels which are fmtv rims but with run flats. My rears are standard combat wheels. Peashooter did an excellent comparison on 5 ton choices. They are literally thousands of an inch diff. I personally like the 24 bolts and makes them look "tough" .

Truck runs great and I am happy, Top speed with the stock nhc 250 64/65mph

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 395 is the new 11.00-20 for the military. It is used fleet wide on many platforms. We will see these coming out surplus for decades to come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks