• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A1 Wrecker - Rear visibility upgrade

SLOrazorsedge

I decided to upgrade the visibility of my M936A1 wrecker. They are very dark to the rear at night. I started by adding a pair of Grote LED tail lamps. While I had the reflector mounts off, I had a sheet metal shop fabricate two identical reflector plates to be mounted to the inside of the tail light buckets. The OEM reflector mounts extend to the outside edge of the buckets. Cleaned everything up, repainted appropriate camo colors and installed 4 new reflectors. It looks like everything is OEM. Night driving is a bit brighter to the rear now! I also have LED clearance lights all around and LED headlamps. Pics attached of the rear mod ( I hope).
image.jpgimage.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nice! IMHO, the best thing you can do for visibility is to mount some of the delineation plates on your mud flaps. There is no mistaking them at night.

71DeuceAK

LOL are you somehow connected with them? It's funny, unless they moved again I remember it being the old Carl's Jr. I only picked up on the fact Atascadero had said nickname within the last year!

(sorry for the off topic digression)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks