• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A1 Wrecker rear winch tensioner air can diaphragm?

Alan Hodds

Hi, Could someone please tell me if the Size 12 air brake diaphragm (AD17544) is the one used in the air operated rear winch tensioner can as I need to replace the leaking one on my truck?
Many thanks, Alan

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi, Could someone please tell me if the Size 12 air brake diaphragm (AD17544) is the one used in the air operated rear winch tensioner can as I need to replace the leaking one on my truck?
Many thanks, Alan
The nsn 2530-00-367-3659 for it goes over to a bendix #200014N. Its special with bolt holes in it. Oshkosh equipment and eastern surplus show to stock it. A local parts house that carries bendix parts can order it. Its also a Freightliner and volvo part BW 20014N.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Alan Hodds

Wes,
Thanks for the info on the tensioner actuator diaphragm, I had clocked the complete actuator on the Oshkosh site and it looks rather like the clamp together air brake cylinder where the diaphragm is sandwiched between the two parts of the can. I don't see where the bolts in the diaphragm would go as my actuator is the same as the brake ones with the clamp round the outside. I will email you a picture of my actuator if you let me have your email address.
Thanks,
Alan

Alan Hodds

Thanks Wes,
Let me send you a photo of my actuator as there is no way this would fit into the actuator which I have slung under the winch on my M936 due to the fact that it is sandwiched with a clamp compressing the diaphragm not a series of bolts around the outside of the two halves of the cylinder. sorry for the run around on this one!!
Regards,
Alan

Alan Hodds

Wes,
That's a great help as I haven't got my hands on that particular manual. Still a bit of a mismatch here somewhere but I'll get under the truck as soon as I get a chance and have a look at the actuator from a different angle and also scrape off some paint to see if there are any numbers on it. Maybe someone has retrofitted a Type 12 actuator in place of the one listed. The Oshkosh actuator shows the band type of clamp holding it together, not a ring of bolts like the one in the PM drawing which adds to the mystery. Perhaps the diaphragm still fits the clamp type of cylinder as well as the bolted type? Anyway leak is not life threatening so time is certainly on my side with getting it sorted. I'll let you know what I find when I get under the truck again.
Regards & thanks again,
Alan