• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 air drier

MOFTA

Does anyone have the info on the replacement air driers that were used on the wreckers? I still have the original and having problems getting it to seal, even after disassembling and cleaning. I understood that they were replaced with much more troublefree units.

Thanks

John Doherty

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have ABS? If so, then it should be a Haldex Pure Air Plus. I bought a rebuild kit for my 923A2 from NAPA. It came with a new dessicant filter, pressure relief valve, and some o-rings. If your truck is like my 925A2 being an A2, but no ABS, then it is a Stark air dryer. D&D bought Stark and sells the replacement filters for them:Products - Expello Otherwise, you could buy a whole Haldex unit and retrofit your truck with it. There was a kit used by the military that did just that. Just make sure you buy a 24v model or you will burn out the heater.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You are welcome, John. Do you have any pics of your truck? I'd love to see it as would all of the other 939-series fans on SS.

halftrack

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I loved the Haldex on my truck. It worked fantastic. I never had any water in my tanks and personally I enjoy hearing the expelling air as I am cruising down the highway. It reminds me of driving a big rig. Dry air is a must for properly functioning ABS and CTIS. Just dumping the air tanks won't cut it IMHO.

Good resource on the Haldex Troubleshooting, Jason.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks