• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m936A2 brakes slowly lock-up...what gives?

halftrack

Unfortunately my air brake knowledge is not as sharp as the pencil I use at work.

While finally being able to drive the M936A2 wrecker, after about 5 minutes of casual driving, the rear (and just the rear) brakes began to drag until they finally immobilize the entire truck from totally locking-up.

I checked the air tank gages and both primary and secondary are full of air (120psi). I end up shutting down the truck and drain the air and start back up again and everything is fine for about another 5 minutes and then you can start to feel them drag again. What gives?

Any mechanic out there familiar with the M939 brake system, your suggestions would be much appreciated. By the Way, the truck does have the ABS mod and new air dryer system on it.

hot rod deuce

Yeah man! +1 to that. Some wise a$$ put a valve on my M932A1.

If you use the over ride button on the dash does it stop? This just puts direct air to the release side of the chamber.

Try to put a gauge on one of the chambers.
Its either air or spring putting the rear brakes on.

Becasue its only the rear it sounds like spring to me.

You could:

Try putting a gauge on the apply press line of the brake chamber to see if some how air is leaking through the valve and putting them on

Or you are lossing release pressure, a gauge will tell you that too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks