• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 electrical issues

Rockymyers

I have some basic and probably pretty dumb questions about my M936A2. This is the first operational military vehicle that I have purchased, I have a M76 Otter but that is another issue :smile:. I just purchased the M936A2 and overall it was in very good shape. The batteries were bad but it would take a jump, start right up, and drive like a dream. I put new batteries in it and started having electrical issues. It acts like there is a fuse of some kind that has blown. The outside lights, less the brake lights, will work fine. The "warning" overhead flashing lights have never worked. Since the battery swap most of the interior warning and operational lights as well as the auto tire inflation panel have stopped working. I have double checked the installation of the new batteries and they are hooked up just like they were before. I am sure that there is a simple explanation for all of this but I am currently at a loss. It would make sense that the new batteries caused the issue but I cannot figure it out. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Running it before with bad batteries may have burned out your voltage regulator.

That could have allowed you to run with way to much voltage.

That could have burned out all your electronics.

Test your alternator output/voltage to start with.

Then test all your lights with an ohm meter.

Rockymyers

I will check on those suggestions as soon as I can. Hopefully this weekend. I did not run it very much after we jumped it. I had it shipped and we had to jump it to get it off of the trailer. Once on the ground I only drove it maybe a quarter of a mile. It sure was sweet though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks