• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m936a2 PTO?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case PTO has a habit of easing out of gear? It is hard to get into gear then it will slip out of engagement, sometimes. The truck is right out of rebuild. The auto throttle control does not engage either. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Csm Davis

The transfer case PTO has a habit of easing out of gear? It is hard to get into gear then it will slip out of engagement, sometimes. The truck is right out of rebuild. The auto throttle control does not engage either. Anyone familiar with this issue?
The 936 PTO engagement cable is notorious for bending the lever that moves the PTO in and out, which will eventually break the clevis. The lever needs to be reinforced

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The auto throttle is controlled by your hand pulling the hand throttle out to the desired rpm. Preferable once the transfer case is in neutral. I find you have to get the pto engagement just right and it snaps in but if it's not quite locked it then it will pop out. I believe the trucks with the 250 engine had some type of auto throttle but the A2 is all I have ever had so I don't know much about the previous variants.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Mine is a 2008 rebuild and no auto throttle. if you did have an auto throttle there would have to be some actuator or mechanism to operate the throttle to the desired rpm with the wrecker boom engaged.

Csm Davis

All wreckers from M816, M936, M936A1, AND M936A2 are supposed to have the auto throttle. The hand throttle is backup for it and for the front winch PTO. The auto throttle on most is an air cylinder hooked to the regular throttle linkage, I don't know why but many are disconnected, I have found most even work properly when reconnected, not sure but maybe the guys like being more in control with the hydraulics slowed down.

M936 Dave

All wreckers from M816, M936, M936A1, AND M936A2 are supposed to have the auto throttle. The hand throttle is backup for it and for the front winch PTO. The auto throttle on most is an air cylinder hooked to the regular throttle linkage, I don't know why but many are disconnected, I have found most even work properly when reconnected, not sure but maybe the guys like being more in control with the hydraulics slowed down.
My 936 doesn't have any of that. Not that I'm aware of since it has never auto idled up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks