• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A2 wrecker 20k front winch

charlesmann

So yes, something is wrong with my rollers. Copy on where the cable should run. I’m gonna swap the hyd lines to change direction of rotation of drum.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought - and I can go measure mine - but is there any chance someone swapped your front for a rear levelwind roller frame? That would give you a large gap for sure!!!

charlesmann

I dont think so, just looking at the rear, it is definitely bigger than the front. But ill measure and confirm with you measurement.

charlesmann

The rear bridge is much beefier and is 6.750” id, the fwd bridge is 4 something inches id. If you could, could measure the id of your fwd bridge, then the rollers from the shoulder/lip to the outer edge where it’s bolted on?

I swapped the lines and that fixed the drum winding direction and got the cable spooled on.
During the spooling, about 30” from the cable to chain clevis, I noticed some broken strands and what to cut the bad section out, but not sure how to secure the cable back in the clevis. I do see there is a capture nut that threads onto the clevis and I know in the logging world, there are cone shaped items that get hammered into the cable with some locking wedges that grip the outside of the cable, then the cable is pulled into the type of clevis used to join the cable to the chain. Not sure of this set up, @zebedee if you know, can you advise as to securing the clevis to the cable once I cut the bad section out?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you know, can you advise as to securing the clevis to the cable once I cut the bad section out?
Do a thread search for "ESMET fitting" - it's all been documented and they are still manufactured so a factory tech instructional sheet is published. Just make sure to use the little window hole to ensure depth.
20200202_123515.jpg20200202_123549.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks