• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 A2 air system/leaks troubleshooting

Jim832904

My first 5 ton has arrived to be prepped for snow removal on the 3 mile driveway. Got the engine to run thanks to this forum for the fuel system priming advice. I have no air building on either dash gauge. Shop air application shows me a gladhand shut off valve stem missing/leaking and a large leak on a steer axle brake chamber. Need to be sure this chamber can be safely disassembled to change the pancake like a civilian truck system. It looks like service brakes only on that axle. Haven't had time to hunt down the TM's yet.

Jim832904

Thanks. Still have leaks.

Are there other TMs?
I blocked off the leaking brake chamber and gladhand and still have alot of air noise from the intake stack and alot of air from the exhaust port on the regulator/sender looking thing on the first(wet) air tank. That thing has a stem on the end that looks like it had a handle for adjustment at one time. Should it be exhausting air? What is its function? Guess I'm going to disconnect each brake chamber until I find all of the leaks. Is there a better way? I still have no air on either dash gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks