• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Air pressure switch

rcb

Greetings: Anyone know who sells the air pressure switch for
the 900 series air tanks ? My 923 was missing the one on the
top tank.
Thanks...
Bob

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is 2 styles but they work the same. There is one older air switch with the connector on the metal can like the picture from Erik's and the newer style has a short pigtail with the connectors and it is a little narrower.

How did they keep the buzzer and light from sounding? bypassed? or was it just robbed off the lot?

Good luck!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The picture of Erick's and my reference was to the the low air pressure switch on the air tank. There are 2 air tanks on the passenger side and each one has a low pressure air switch that activate the buzzer and the warning light if low air pressure.

On the dash there is a spring brake override control valve with a large black knob. The air valve is plumbed with an air line but it also another pressure switch ( different than the other 2) that lights the spring brake light on the dash light cluster over the steering wheel. If you are missing that then you need a valve, knob, and switch. Check out the tm's available here on ss. There is a 2 parts manual and a 4 part repairs tm downloads.

It also sounds like your light switch is bad. There is also a tm for the basic driver's manual that covers the operation of the light switch and the brake override valve along with all the basic info.

Dukeman

yeah apparently I have the newer style according to Juanprados post. It has pigtails. It is leaking right at the base and I can't find that style anywhere.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is 2 styles but they work the same. There is one older air switch with the connector on the metal can like the picture from Erik's and the newer style has a short pigtail with the connectors and it is a little narrower.

How did they keep the buzzer and light from sounding? bypassed? or was it just robbed off the lot?

Good luck!
You said the sender from Eriks is the old style, On Eriks site it says it's the new style? so which is it, I have a 1990 923a2
with tails on it, Leaking:sad:

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it matter which one the can type or the tail type looks like the tail type would work better imo.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can go to any truck parts place and ask for one cheap. Yes you will have to rework the wires but easy fix.
NAPA carried trucks parts at one time.

Last edited:

TEAMJENSEN

My low air pressure light and buzzer would intermittently light and sound although the pressure in both tanks read 120psi. I checked the voltage from cab to switch and reads 12 volt. The ground tests good but I still scraped and wire brushed ground boulders and frame and still no luck. I checked voltage across both switches and they are good when truck pressure is good. I even went and replaced both switches with new ones from Erik's, who by the way is very helpful. Now the light and and buzzer went from intermittently to sounding constantly.....driving me crazy. The voltage across the switches is good to the ground. Any thoughts? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks