• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 fuel issue / questions

JJP

Hello all. Couple of questions, same issue. I have an m939 wrecker which I just recovered. When I received it it had a slight miss on startup but seemed ok after a few minutes of running. Since then I cannot get it to start. White smoke but it will not fire. I have checked the fuel lines based on info I found here and even bypassed the entire system by running a 6" line straight from a can directly into the pump. The primer pump was not functioning correctly but I found it was one of balls were stuck. That was repaired and seems to be working correctly. It is pushing some fuel out of the pump but I have no idea what the line pressure is. From looking at the parts manual listed in the TM's section it appears to be an VS governored pump. Is there anything else anyone can think of that I can check before I replace the pump? Is there an internal filter on the pump? If so where?
Second question. I have located a surplus pump (in anticipation for the worst) which is visibly the same however the NSN / P/N does not match the one listed in the TM but the application listed for it is for the M939. How can I verify if this pump is the same or will work? Are there maybe updated NSN / P/N's other than the ones listed in the 1999 TM or some other cross reference method?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

250 Fuel Pump M939 wrecker.jpg

JJP

Screw it in clockwise. For this particular issue I found it was plugged injector screens. I had to pull all the injectors, remove and clean the screens and reinstall them. After the first one it ran on one cylinder.

JJP

Yes. You are not bypassing the pump just manually turning on the fuel as opposed to the solenoid doing it.

Csm Davis

Also make sure that the valve for the emergency kill is all the way forward as in the picture above it doesn't reset when you push the cable back in on the 939, and 939A1

SLOrazorsedge

There is an internal filter on the VS wrecker pumps. M35A2-AZ solved that snafu for us wrecker owners. The pump has to come off to R&R the internal filter. PM M35A2-AZ, he's got the pics for filter location

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks