• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Lightweight Weapons Station question.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he's just posted his ad :drool:

Lightweight Weapons Station for the M939 Series - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

And I found his second one on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M939...wItemQQhashZitem230beba3dfQQitemZ150523847647

Question: My truck (a 1972 M35A2) came with a hole hacked in the hard top, and, what I believe, is one of the leg mounting brackets on the passenger side by the exhaust, for a gun ring. From what I'm just learning, only the M66 ring/system would fit my truck then?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys this thread was mighty interesting, I just purchased a LWS for my 925 and have been having a hard time finding the corresponding TM pertaining to the actual installation, I found the TMs for maintaining it but not installing it do any of you know the TM# that has this info? Also my truck is a had top truck will that pose any problems for me, it seems every truck I have seen this mounted on is a soft top? Any help would sure be appreciated
KK

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys this thread was mighty interesting, I just purchased a LWS for my 925 and have been having a hard time finding the corresponding TM pertaining to the actual installation, I found the TMs for maintaining it but not installing it do any of you know the TM# that has this info? Also my truck is a had top truck will that pose any problems for me, it seems every truck I have seen this mounted on is a soft top? Any help would sure be appreciated
KK
sounds like you could use one of these...

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derrick that port in the cab looks awesome but my goal is to use an incomplete non-firing M2 and I just got the cab top and dont have the heart to cut a hole in it! I got the complete mount wiht reinforcing plates from a friend who got a truck from GL and it had everything on it, I am heading to SD at the end of the month to pick it up, the price was what I would call reasonable! Any clues to the TM#s that correspond to installing this Kit guys?
KK

wsucougarx

YRC dropped off a pallet full of aluminum scrap metal today. Going through the pallet it looks like I need to find some parts. It looks like the major components are there minus the 4 legs. Please advise of any major parts missing.
At this point it looks like I need:
U-bolts for marry main deck to cross bar
Pintle extention lock pin
Backpads
The MWO mounting bushing kit
Two .50 cal ammo trays w/support brackets

Did any of the M939 LWS use the HMMWV hatches?

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike it looks like you have the main pieces of course minus the 4 legs, Would it help you at all if I took a few pics of my install on my truck and you can compare the pics to see what your actually missing? Let me know I would be glad to do that if it will help you. Let me know Mike
KK

wsucougarx

Hi Karl, that would be outstanding if you could take pics;-). Also, a pic of the top of the deck would be great as well. It'll give me a good idea on how to put this thing together. Do you have a gunner's strap for your LWS? I've been all over ebay trying to secure the bushings for the mount...no luck.

wsucougarx

Another issue I am having is fitting the bearing sleeve into the LWS pintle hole. Am I missing something here? Are there two different bearing sleeve diameters out there? The one I have is:
PN: 12340310
NSN: 3120-01-188-5082
I need the bearing sleeve mounted as I have an angled armor plate to go on the mount. The extension piece I have is a bit bigger than the hole it needs to go in. Looking down into the A frame weapon tray, it looks like it's made for a large pintle rather than the squared out bearing sleeve....hmm. Please advise.

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike as for your question concerning the size of your cradel pin it looks to me like you have the BIG one, that insert comes in two sizes and my m23 cradel has the small insert that goes into the ring. Also if I am not mistaken my LWS utilizes what sure looks like to me a hummv ring on it, I couls be mistaken but I am pretty sure that is waht it is Mike! Let me know if I can help more and good luck!
KK

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats that under the front bumper of the M939 with a Lunette eye on each end?? Almost thought was a tow bar of some kind, but has an eye on each end.
I think it is some sort of extendable lifting eyes, like on a newer M915 truck.

jwaller

The 939 LWS never had a hatch because it won't seal against anything. Thats not to say you couldn't put one on it bc they are all the same pieces but with that thing just sitting out on top of the truck there is no real use for it.

I think I've got a few of the ammo can mounts for the LWS. I get home thurs I can snap a few pics of them and send it to ya.

That mount for the gunners strap you can get from kascar. just ask for the hmmwv mount, it's the same stuff.

wsucougarx

The 939 LWS never had a hatch because it won't seal against anything. Thats not to say you couldn't put one on it bc they are all the same pieces but with that thing just sitting out on top of the truck there is no real use for it.

I think I've got a few of the ammo can mounts for the LWS. I get home thurs I can snap a few pics of them and send it to ya.

That mount for the gunners strap you can get from kascar. just ask for the hmmwv mount, it's the same stuff.
Hi there, my plans are to put a gunner's tunnel in between the hardtop and the LWS plate. So a hatch would fit the bill to keep the weather out of the cab. Please do send me pics of the ammo can mounts. I would appreciate that;-). I picked up the gunner's strap loop from an ebay vendor as well. Before I got the hardware box, I bought three gunner straps off ebay as well. Now I've got 4 straps...LOL. Oh well, maybe I'll find a couple more LWS setups to go with the straps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks