• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Series Dash Gauge Grounding

dodgemain

I have finally got around to playing with my M929A2 after sitting untouched for a few years. Anyhow, I am having issues with the charging system. The dash gauge is in the red. The generator get really hot if the 568 wire is connected to it. The truck has two new batteries. I cleaned the cab to engine and engine to frame grounds. How are the gauges grounded? I unbolted the dash panel but I can not get it to come out more than an inch or two. Can't figure out what's hold it up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes the heater or fresh air cables on the right sieze up and you have to unhook them under the engine compartment to get slack for the dash panel to give clearance. Tach and speedo cables can be pushed in through the gromments on firewall to also give slack if needed.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It helps to remove the power and start switch, But be sure to remove the ground cable from the batteries!!!
Then it should come out 4-5 " with out removing the tach or speedo cables.

dodgemain

Hi,
Thanks for the advise. It was the heater and fresh air cables holding it up. I also removed power & starter switches and removed the clamp holding the speedo cable from under the hood. These steps gave me plenty of room to work.
Thanks

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,
Thanks for the advise. It was the heater and fresh air cables holding it up. I also removed power & starter switches and removed the clamp holding the speedo cable from under the hood. These steps gave me plenty of room to work.
Thanks
Glad you got it done and I could help a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks