• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A1 Fuel Pump Filter issues

Jayco36REQS

Ok, So I've narrowed my running (and now starting ) issues to bad fuel filters. I changed out the primary fuel filter.. cleaned EVERYHTING, filled the filter bowl and filter with clean fuel... went to remove the PT pump filter and I can't get the slotted bolt out for the life of me!! Anyone know a trick on removing this bolt? I used the biggest screw driver I have and even tried to use a wrench on it, and it still won't budge!

Any tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated! :?

Thanks!

Jayco36REQS

Forget it... got it.... I just built a tool out of a piece of an old flat file, and welded a handle on it so I could smack it with a hammer... worked! lol

Jayco36REQS

Anyone know if a part number for Napa, Advanced Auto etc for this filter? I've looked all over on SS and can't find anything but the Cummins part #... 146483

Jayco36REQS

I bought mine off of flea bay. The pic in the add had a Cummings box but it just cam in a bag. I wanted the box for the part#.
I've seen a couple on Ebay, but they are wanting $25+ for a $7 part.... sheesh. I can get one ordered from the local truck shop for $7, but it will take 2 weeks to get it.... ugh

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carp Coastal Marine has them in stock; P/N 146483 - $2.52/ea. $2.54 to ship 4ea First class mail.

Jayco36REQS

I paid more for 1
Yea.. that sucks that some Online surplus sales guys try to rake people over the coals. I sell Military Surplus for a living, and I try to have very fair prices.... I don't expect to sell surplus items (new or used) at retail levels... it just doesn't make sense. I set a fair price that works for me to make a little profit, and offer good items at reasonable prices. That's why I was asking around for other vendors/part numbers. I ended up cleaning out my old screen just to get the truck running and moved out of the way of the concrete trucks coming this week. And cleaning it works.. truck runs, and took it for a 30 min drive to test it. But I'll put in a new one as soon as it arrives just to be safe.