• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939a1/M939A2 transfer case model?

SLOrazorsedge

I'm looking at buying a back up transfer case for my M939A1/A2 trucks. I'm looking at a Rockwell Mod#1130 but have been told the Mod #1138 is the right one. The Mod #1130 looks correct. Anyone confirm which is correct? Thanks guys.

tobyS

I don't get hits for the T1130 that are readily identifiable. One says this (not a 939 thread);

Transmission: Twin disc Model 1130 Automatic,

(4 forward, 4 reverse with integral transfer case )

Google does not do much better.

tobyS

How do you know that what you say you're "looking at" is in fact an 1130 and not an 1138? By google images, the 1130 and 1138 look alike. Hope someone knows the difference. I can't find much on an 1130 to compare or what they came in. What else have you come up with? Maybe it has something to do with ratios. I vaguely remember one to one and overdrive discussion.

edit; Looked back and found the T-138 is a 1/1 ratio (engine to rear axle) and the T1138 is .73/1. (both axles) thus ENTIRELY different.

When in the middle of a rebuild of what was a new old stock T-138 in my 817 that was set up wrong in the bearings, I tried to find good info about the TC and became very frustrated. At least you have time, not in a hurry.

I'm still trying to understand the differences.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks