• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939a2 air conditioning kit installed

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
:grin::grin::jumpin:
Well we have finished our a/c,heater and defroster kit here are pictures of how it looks installed i have to say it sure is nice to have a nice cold cab with how hot it has been plus the extra leg room you gain on the passenger side. if you have any interest in getting a kit please call us at this time as we are taking pre orders. it will be posted in the for sale section soon.
the kit will come with the switches mounted on a panel to make it a simple install.
let us know what you think. more info on our web site. www.thosemilitaryguys.com

BOX MOUNTED SMALL.jpgCOMPRESSOR SMALL.jpgFIRE WALL SMALL.jpgCONTROL SMALL.jpgBLOWER SMALL.jpg

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
The compressor runs off the crank we made a pulley that bolts to the crank shaft. We had all the parts for the compressor laser cut I won't have any pictures until Tuesday when we get back in the shop
Thanks
Tmg

Jon Giovani

Don't let my wife see this! It would be the next upgrade after the air ride seats are done! You haven't lived until you've been in a 5 ton in the giant sandbox.
Awe, who am I kidding, I love it! And so much better than those massive bulky space eating units.

74M35A2

I checked your website, saw the $2800 price, and I am also interested in the following:

BTU rating of system for heating/cooling?
Cold air outlet vent location(s)?
Condenser location and cooling method?
Diverter and blend door actuation method, if so equipped?
Any fresh air/recirc selection? Appears to be recirc only by photos, but unsure.
Would you consider to sell the HVAC tunnel by itself if I already have an A/C compressor and condenser mounted and operational? If so, price?

Thanks. Though a little salty on price, it looks good so far. Just the 8.3 compressor mounting and drive kits go for $500 and up, not including the compressor.

Last edited:

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
i will get the btu's for you tomorrow here are pictures of the vent locations sorry the pictures that i posted were not the correct one's those were before finshed. the condenser is mounted in front of the radiator with electric 24v fans. the actuators are electronic. no fresh air selection just recirc. at this time we are only selling as complete kits. these kits are complete down to zip ties.

both vents.jpgpassenger vent.jpgdrivers vent.jpg

JohnnyBM931A2

i will get the btu's for you tomorrow here are pictures of the vent locations sorry the pictures that i posted were not the correct one's those were before finshed. the condenser is mounted in front of the radiator with electric 24v fans. the actuators are electronic. no fresh air selection just recirc. at this time we are only selling as complete kits. these kits are complete down to zip ties.

View attachment 580025View attachment 580026View attachment 580027
Cool.. Very streamlined :)