• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Batteries

dodgemain

Hi,
I am looking at new batteries for my M929A2. Reading other posts on the forum it sounds like Group 31's are a good choice to replace the military 6LT's. Also read D8's are good but they sound to big to handle easily. The 6LT's I have now are on there last legs and I would like to replace them with something sealed. Anyhow, before I go out and buy 2 Group 31's (then 2 more when it turns cold out). Is this a wise move to make? Why do the 6LT's seem some much bigger? Any additional thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

motorolanut

I run two Group 31's AGM's and have no cold weather start problems in my M813.
6TL's are not worth the extra money unless you plan on showing the truck or are a bear for original details. In some states others can find blem 6TL's at their dealers but they are non existent here in WV. I started using advanced glass mat batteries a few years ago and will never go back to conventional lead acid batteries. Less headaches across the board with AGM's once you pass the initial cash outlay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks