• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Combat Wheel Stud Warning - PN 12363604

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to give a warning to the forum based on a parts purchase I attempted recently. I had done some tire work on my 923A2 and ended up needing to replace a stud that stripped out. This was one of the 3/4-16 studs on the 939A2 combat wheels specifically. I found a seller on ebay that had parts advertised to be for this exact application, listing specifically the NSN and the part number. I bought some, but when they arrived they didn't match the length exactly, so I started checking other dimensions and they weren't right at all. Specifically they were an M18x1.5 thread, not 3/4-16.

The dangerous part is that a 3/4-16 nut does spin onto them, although VERY loosely, and I'm confident that if you somehow managed to get one to torque up, it would be at significant risk of popping loose once you got air in the tire.

The seller, "gingerbliss" on ebay, corresponding to R-Teton out of Jackson, WY, did cancel all the other listings for that part number once I made them aware that what I received wasn't right. Ebay should get me my money back. But there were other feedback on that part listing, indicating I wasn't the only one that bought them. So either they got a batch of parts marked incorrectly from their supplier or other folks out there bought some and haven't tried using them yet. So if you have some of these you bought and put in your parts stash, check them carefully and make sure you got what you thought you did. Using the wrong fastener here could easily hurt you or others, and I don't want that blemish on our hobby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks