• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 series CTIS "delete" thru valve in valve stem help

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I have done a search, I am looking for pics of "what to do" for the how to put the valve in the valve stem to separate the tire from the M939A2 CITS system so the tires don't go flat. Im not interested in the kits I can buy. I need the "low cost way" to do it to help someone out.

Thanks!

MtnSnow

Unscrew the "CTIS hose" from the "CTIS wheel valve" that goes onto the wheel's turret valve stem and when you remove that hose air will start coming out of the tire if it is not flat.
Then take a valve stem tool and remove the "valve stem core" from the CTIS wheel valve and then screw it into the turret valve stem where you removed the CTIS hose from...

If you don't want to remove the valve core from the CTIS wheel valve you can pick up valve stem cores from any automotive parts store when you get a valve stem tool.

Csm Davis

Because you are doing the whole truck I have both types of valves in the picture the hose I have my hand on is what unscrews from the valve stem and you put the new core into the valve stem here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks