• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M942A2: How common/rare?

71DeuceAK

Just curious, anyone know much about M942A2s, especially their commonality or lack thereof? I'm curious if anyone knew how many were produced? (I know there were like only 500 of the M927/M928 produced, a close

Oh, and just to clarify for anyone scratching their head thinking what on EARTH is a M942A2, it's apparently a M928A2 cab/chassis, sans bed.

One other oddity: Looking at the pictures of the data plates, it's listed as M942A2 WO/W, suggesting that it didn't originally have one? I know there's the M944A1 SEORTM, but what other rare long-wheelbase variants are there besides the M927/A1/A2, M928/A1/A2, M934/A1/A2, M942A2, and M944A1? (Did a M942 and M942A1, and M944 and M944A2 ever exist? I've never seen/heard of those).

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So you've started a thread about an active auction you're bidding on. Bright strategy there, in addition to it being against the rules.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We stock

Dave
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
QUOTE]

This is a thread wanting to know how rare they are, not a vehicle wanted thread

Csm Davis

And even before the 939 series there were XLWB cab chassis, if I remember correctly they were M811, M812, also 809, 810, were a medium wheelbase and short wheelbase model cab chassis.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Csm Davis

They were for custom type trucks to be made from like the SORTEM and missile trucks and drilling rigs, makes me wonder about the other specialized shorter wheelbase trucks did they actually make any cab chassis short and long wheelbase trucks? Could it be the few 924, 926's that have been seen started as cab chassis? Or as Wikipedia says M939-945 are all the cab chassis?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

71DeuceAK

98G and I were texting back and forth and came to that conclusion too. M814 was the M809 version of the M927, like the M927 is the 'long' M923.

I've never seen a 924 or 926 despite them being mentioned in the TMs, what are they?

71DeuceAK

I thought the few that sold in like July were A1 versions though?

Re: 924/926, I thought they existed on paper like that but were never actually produced? Anyone know of/have one? (If it was, it must be not terribly common).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks