• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944-A1 Allison trans question

Fastfunco

am i not in the right section?? someone here must know this answer-- i am new to this and do not want to burn up this expensive trans- please help a guy out-- nothing shows on dip stick- and tranny slips!! good news is fluid does not look burnt

Fastfunco

thank you very much-- is there anything special about the 30 wt oil??? i have on hand pennzoil SAE HD-40 - seeing how i live in Arizona and we will see 120 degree ambient temps here shortly-- would it be ok to top off with this??

No there is nothing special about the 30w oil. Just conventional motor oil. I dont think putting the 40w in would hurt anything but I would personally just top it off with 30w. The only reason the military used 30w oil was to keep down on the different fluids needed for vehicles. They didn't want to have to keep track of transmission fluid in addition to all the other fluids and 30w oil is widely available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks