• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944A1 fuel problem

Ssgt cornbread

I was just given an m944a1 5 ton 6x6 and having fuel problems, it runs good while the fuel filter is full but and it sucks from the filter but does not suck from the fuel tank, i have changed the fuel filter and checked the lines from tank to filter all clear but still wont pull from tank, only runs when i fill the filter. Please any help will help.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to the 5 ton forum. Check the pickup/sending unit in the tank for a failed (rusted out) line or failed hose.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was just given an m944a1 5 ton 6x6 and having fuel problems, it runs good while the fuel filter is full but and it sucks from the filter but does not suck from the fuel tank, i have changed the fuel filter and checked the lines from tank to filter all clear but still wont pull from tank, only runs when i fill the filter. Please any help will help.
As the other member said, check the pickup tube. If it is broke. You can use some 3/8 copper tube from the home depot and a new fitting for the tank and braze it together. There were some folks selling stainless steel ones here on the site.

Where in MS are you?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
you have to remove the tank I believe on those to get to the pickup tube out. I know they are tucked up under that shirt. unless you have all of that removed already.

I would replace the pickup tube. fitting. and the line from the tank to the filter head with push lok rubber lines. metal lines can suck air pretty easy.