• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944a1 roof attachments

MiseryMachinery

Does anyone know what hooked on to these attachment points on top of truck? I'm not sure if they are just lift points for mounting shop on truck or if there was something that hooks on up here. Also driving this thing around with the roof off and windshield down is a blast. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
These are for a A-frame, you will find very few of these around. The rear ears are the pivoit, the eye is for the support cable or chain.

MiseryMachinery

I kinda thought that's what it looked like. I guess the smaller ears where for storing the a-frame. I haven't seen any pictures of one with it in use, but it makes sense. Lifting the rear section up to access the work stations at the back would be much easier with an a-frame. Guess it's time to do some fabricating.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have never seen one in use, have seen a few stowed quit a few years ago this is why the the roof is not flat but the cat walk design. the A-frame was not necessarily used to raise the rear flap but to supply a second lifting point to to get things in the truck to be worked on, in vn, our shop had a few 39 series exspando trucks, I understand the A-frame was a pain in the A to use, HEAVY and AWKWARD to set up/take down, the need to climb on the roof, and you HAD to have the chain fall on the end of the A-frame BEFORE it was erected, I believe this is the reason that you do not see them on 944s and the 809 series

MiseryMachinery

Are there any TMs that have information on this? I have been looking and am having a hard time finding one that includes this model of SEORTM. It already has a boom that extends out of it, so it seems if you have the boom extended it would get in the way. I don't know though , so I figured I'd ask. It would be handy on the front of the truck when working on the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks