• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944A1 Shop truck thoughts

kennys@wi.rr.com

I was hoping I could get some opinions on the M944A1 shop trucks. They look similar to the M35A3 but I know there are mechanical and other differences. I just would like to know are they a sloid and reliabe platform and how difficult is it to get rid of the box they come with and install a regular bed? Or will the standard duce bed even fit on these?

Thank you all.

The M944 is a 5 Ton truck. It is huge in coparisson to the M35.
You could buy 5 or 6 M35A2s for the same money you would spend on 1 good M944.
If you would want a 5 ton cargo truck, look at the M813, don't cut up a 944 unless you have to.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I know enough to know I don't know it all. I was just hoping to get opinions on wich would be a better truck to get and are there any pitfallls with the 944 I need to know about. In picture form it looks similar to the M35A3, which I like and everyone else I meet seems to find ugly????

jatonka

If you like the M35A3, watch the auctions, then buy one for 1/3 of the cost of a 900 series Shop Set #3. As the others all said, you should not compare the A3 with the 900 series 5 ton, two very different animals. Don't worry about hurt feelings or not knowing everything, just listen this time. They all gave you straight answers. JT

1z-bar

Is the M944a2 a shop truck too? I've been looking for a good M944a1. I would hate to see one go to waste by putting a bed on the back, their a great looking truck with the shop body!!! If you have a lead on one let me know ;).
zuerchers@bright.net

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks