• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M944A1 Shop truck thoughts

kennys@wi.rr.com

I was hoping I could get some opinions on the M944A1 shop trucks. They look similar to the M35A3 but I know there are mechanical and other differences. I just would like to know are they a sloid and reliabe platform and how difficult is it to get rid of the box they come with and install a regular bed? Or will the standard duce bed even fit on these?

Thank you all.

The M944 is a 5 Ton truck. It is huge in coparisson to the M35.
You could buy 5 or 6 M35A2s for the same money you would spend on 1 good M944.
If you would want a 5 ton cargo truck, look at the M813, don't cut up a 944 unless you have to.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I know enough to know I don't know it all. I was just hoping to get opinions on wich would be a better truck to get and are there any pitfallls with the 944 I need to know about. In picture form it looks similar to the M35A3, which I like and everyone else I meet seems to find ugly????

jatonka

If you like the M35A3, watch the auctions, then buy one for 1/3 of the cost of a 900 series Shop Set #3. As the others all said, you should not compare the A3 with the 900 series 5 ton, two very different animals. Don't worry about hurt feelings or not knowing everything, just listen this time. They all gave you straight answers. JT

1z-bar

Is the M944a2 a shop truck too? I've been looking for a good M944a1. I would hate to see one go to waste by putting a bed on the back, their a great looking truck with the shop body!!! If you have a lead on one let me know ;).
zuerchers@bright.net