• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 HEMTT Acquisition

HASSON1911

Hey guys I need some pictures of the air tanks specifically the top fittings and where they route to also there's a t fitting in between the chassis that's right next to them the bottom line of mine was cutuploadfromtaptalk1442105496846.jpg

Today I got all the tires to stop leaking at the valve stem fittings dropped the fuel and put new in... And here's the kicker of the day I add coolant.... 19gals of it. Oh fyi it only holds 20. No major damage has shown....yet I don't know if it'll be worth it to call them and ask wth happened there.

Attachments

Last edited:

dk8019

Hasson, I'll see if I can't get pictures of mine, won't be back with it for another few weeks sadly. 19 gallons!!! Wow, I suppose it was dry at the cap on the massive radiator?

jpz66

Sweet ! Ever since I got licensed on one of these back in the late 80's, I always wanted one..never bothered me much that they ride hard, get hot and have a little blind spot or two..hehe.... It's like a Tonka toy for grown ups !
Congrats on your purchase !

Joe

mcmullag

That truck is nice! Please keep posting pics and vids of using it. I saw a vid about Oshkosh taking old ones (maybe saw it on their site) and rebuilding them and running them thru the assembly line again with updates. Wonder why they let some of these out to auction if there is a rebuild program.

HASSON1911

Well got some more videos up I'll post lots of pictures tomorrow when I'm back in the city. My dad and I so far fixed the leaky valve stems,(7 of them) filled coolant greased all the zerks, checked all Fluids. Hydraulics looked good tried the crane and got a pretty good leak out of the filter by the fuel water separator. So now she's parked until we get fresh hydraulic, oil and tranny fluid plus appropriate filters. But we did a short 1/4 mile run and took some videos. Took about 15min for coolant to get to 180 and promptly stood there only wavering about 5-10 degreesdegrees. Amazing how coolantcoolant can stop an engine from overheating. Lol

Her are some videos guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0nnbl7NOfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONgbi_sn4kw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9NFPxoyBTc

HASSON1911

uploadfromtaptalk1442264075956.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442264127227.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442264175365.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442264197214.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442264256246.jpg

Weekend fun after working on the girl, some broken hoses found and crud in the water separator filter. Enjoy boys and girls more to come.

HASSON1911

Well not a 100% the difference between m977A0 or A2 but I spoke with a gentleman who had the same M977A0 and he actually quoted around 5-8 but I can't confirm or deny that until it's my turn to fill up again. But filling up isn't too bad farm tax deductions haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks