• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 HEMTT Acquisition

JDToumanian

Anyone know how I locate a hemmt close to me. I'm in northeast Pa looking to see one up close before buying one. Any advice?
There's only about ~140 in private hands, spread out across the country... Unless you get lucky to find someone near you, you're probably going to spend a day driving to see one.

Jon

Uamakua

Good afternoon I am curious where di you find the PTO solenoid??

I cannot seem to find the PTO solenoid anyplace can you point me in the right direction for this part? I have a 986 that needs this part replaced. Thank you very much!

Brett

Is the Jake break working? After I put a new engine in mine I left the Jake unhooked as it wasn't working right before. I want to hook it back up but I'm not sure where all of the wires go.

I have all of the manuals but the wire schematics are confusing.

So far I have replaced the motor, alternator, batteries and the PTO solenoid. I also removed the ether start system and added a block heater. Lots of work but these trucks are awesome.

jjb

I cannot seem to find the PTO solenoid anyplace can you point me in the right direction for this part? I have a 986 that needs this part replaced. Thank you very much!

Brett
It's on the right side of the trans. It has 2 wires and 3 hoses connected to it. 2 of them go to the PTO.

HASSON1911

Making some progress on the hemtt and also putting her to work. So the CPK may not be an exact copy of the factory armor, but its functional and looks good i think. I do need to make headlight mounts or cut the holes out for the originals.

Attachments

m715mike

Personnaly, I like the look of the headlight box. I also have a feeling that you will get better lighting with the box as opposed to pass through holes. Just my 2cents.

HASSON1911

Personnaly, I like the look of the headlight box. I also have a feeling that you will get better lighting with the box as opposed to pass through holes. Just my 2cents.
True the only added benefit would but cut the holes and good to go vs fabbing a box and rewiring lights... To get to the hemtts lights is a task since they are buried behind the dash and all air components, I would rewire to their junction box for an easy job.

I do like the thought or fabbing lights like the new lvsr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stalwart

Making some progress on the hemtt and also putting her to work. So the CPK may not be an exact copy of the factory armor, but its functional and looks good i think. I do need to make headlight mounts or cut the holes out for the originals.
Be careful, some Army mechanics I've spoken with told me the HEMTT drives like a pig with the cab armor on.

dk8019

Be careful, some Army mechanics I've spoken with told me the HEMTT drives like a pig with the cab armor on.
I could believe that, it is rather amazing how the road manners change when you put 5-6 tons in the bed. It's not bad empty, but it settles down much more nicely with weight on the back end.

HASSON1911

So far I put the grill because the military decided to take mine off haha it's probably all Ill do, so far only 550lb.

Id rather have preferred the oem grill

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HASSON1911

Got the truck to stretch her legs today, dam I hate being out of school and working 120hr a week... No time for army trucks. Anyways I took a short video for you guys. I'm currently working on a new vented grill and also bypassing the high pressure hydraulic filter.

https://youtu.be/ZcWdgQUQP04

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks