• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M983

swhpaz

I'm looking at getting a M983, 4 wheel tractor. Does anyone know what those are going for on average out of Gov Liq?? Several months back there was a ton of them up for auction in Barstow, Ca. Now there's none anywhere in the US. Figures, once I decided I wanted one, they go away...

swhpaz

The MK48 is exactly what I mean. I had no idea what it was called and basically tracked it down off pics on Google. I thought it was a M983. Any idea what the MK48's are going for at auction?
And thank you very much for straightening me out, now I at least know what its called....

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going for just the FPU (Front Power Unit) or for a whole setup? the FPU isn't very useful without something on the back end.

What you determine for the rear unit may drive costs. a wrecker variant will cost more than a plain cargo variant...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be advised you can't drive the FPU around on the road by itself, or at speed. Very unstable and have a tendency to sit on their nose.

My son drives LVSRs (MKR-16) in the Marines, drove LVS (MK-48 etc) before that, and has told many amusing stories of what his fellow drivers have unintentionally done while driving FPUs in the motor pool area.

Cheers

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Last year in FL they were selling dirt cheap.....so cheap I'm still kicking myself for not buying one. I loaded trucks that had less than 100 miles on them and most cost less than 25K. That was for a complete flatbed unit. The supply seems to have dried up but my inside source down there says there will be more as soon as they are processed through DRMO (don't hold your breath).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks