• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 recovery and towing tips.

Plane Fast

Well I'm sitting out side Hunter army airfield, because the Ironplanet "guy" will not answer the phone!!!!

When I say I'm going to be there at 8:00. I'm going to be there!aua

M920

Well I'm sitting out side Hunter army airfield, because the Ironplanet "guy" will not answer the phone!!!!

When I say I'm going to be there at 8:00. I'm going to be there!aua
It's called "Iron PLANET".....not "Iron RELIABILITY"......lol I'm sure he will be there.

Good luck with your haul....I picked one up a few weeks ago at Ft. Carson, Co and had to drag it over 3 mountain passes in a blizzard.... :( Mine towed great!

Soni

Plane Fast

He just called. He said he forgot to charge his phone. Oh and he's 1 1/2hr out!!!!!!!!!!

government liquidation did the same. So I should not be surprised.

Plane Fast

It's called "Iron PLANET".....not "Iron RELIABILITY"......lol I'm sure he will be there.

Good luck with your haul....I picked one up a few weeks ago at Ft. Carson, Co and had to drag it over 3 mountain passes in a blizzard.... :( Mine towed great!

Soni
Yikes! No snow for me. It was a nice sunrise over the marshes here in Savannah

Plane Fast

Well I'm on my way back to FLA. Trailer pulls super easy. Two tires are not as good as I would like (dry). Needs some paint and decking. Not to bad for $770.
Truck is running good. Rear hub and diff are running hotter then the rest. 125* hub and 160*diff. Air temp 86*
Now for some lunch of champions!

Attachments

Another Ahab

Well I'm on my way back to FLA. Trailer pulls super easy. Two tires are not as good as I would like (dry). Needs some paint and decking. Not to bad for $770.
Truck is running good. Rear hub and diff are running hotter then the rest. 125* hub and 160*diff. Air temp 86*
Now for some lunch of champions!
That's one good looking trailer.

Plane Fast

Well I made it home! 810 mile round trip in 21hrs. I averaged 7.6mpg empty and 7.0 withe the trailer.
Trailer pull nice up until the end. It started raining and I guess the lack of traction, caused the tire to wonder. It was shaking its tale good. Only did it when it was wet. Dry pavement there was very little movement. I will have to rebuild the brake canisters.(leaking) I also have a bad tire vib on my M923 at 42 to 50. I think it is the front right.
Thanks for the help and advice guys! I'll post some pics tomorrow. (Man this trailer is BIG)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks