• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 Trailer Brake Hose Length?

tractors0130

Could someone with a M989A1 trailer tell me the length of the service/emergency brake hoses. I believe that they're 3/8" hose with a 1/4" adapter that goes into the trailer. I'm picking a trailer up that's missing one hose in the pictures. The TM manual showed the hoses; but I didn't see any lengths.

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the NSN for the hose?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could not find the lenth.

86m1028

Hey Roger

Hose length is 6 feet for each one.
Good luck on the recovery. I caged the rear brakes on mine for recovery.

tractors0130

M989A1 Recovery

FYI,
Trailer recovery last Wednesday went fine from Lansing to south of Chicago. At 11K empty weight, you know it's behind you; however these trailers do pull good. It was nice to have the right length air brake hose to replace the one that was missing.
Thankfully we missed the bad pile-up on 80/94 by one day, feel bad for those that lost their life and were injured in that event.

Attachments

datadawg

How does it tow with the 5 ton, I think your truck is non turbo? Is there enough power for hills? What kind of weight have you had on it? I am toying with idea of getting m989, but not sure if my 5 ton (m923a2) will have enough muscle to pull it with a 22,000 # load (an armored APC).

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does it tow with the 5 ton, I think your truck is non turbo? Is there enough power for hills? What kind of weight have you had on it? I am toying with idea of getting m989, but not sure if my 5 ton (m923a2) will have enough muscle to pull it with a 22,000 # load (an armored APC).
That exceeds the tow rating of the M923A2 by about a factor of two.

I've towed mine with my M923A2 and it tows fine but you definitely know it's back there, even empty. I've had 10k or so in it... if you're towing it in real hills, and loaded to capacity, expect 8mph...

I suggest an M916 maybe , or an M983 as a tow vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks