• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 VIN or serial number

jlxb

Hi all! I just bought and brought home an M989A1. She is a monster! 800 miles from Fort Riley Kansas to home - I am never going to do that again.

Now I need your help. The TM indicates the Vehicle Identification should be on a riveted plate on the rear left tailgate. The plate is there. The numbers are not! Not a single identifiable number or letter. Sun Bleached.

Does anyone know if there is a VIN or serial numbers stamped on the frame or anywhere on the trailer? I can't find it. GL says it is there some where but tough luck if you can't find it. Not very friendly!

It is going to be a big problem titling this thing in Minnesota without an SF-97 or any documentation other then the sale invoice. In Minnesota they will require a surety bond for three years based on the value they give it. They don't care what you paid for it.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks