• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M997A2 Ambulance

AAVP7

The cables coiled up in the storage comnpartment are for an aspirator/resuscitator thas was apparently fixed inside the patient compartment. Usually, they are secured with shrink tubing at the inner end, and are not connected to the batteries, but coiled up like in your picture.
If you are going to connect them to the batteries, make sure the ends inside the compartment are secured, otherwise there might be some electrical fireworks.

By the way: Anybody got any pictures of those aspirators/resuscitators ?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, they are not live, checked that first. It is amazing what they just cut with a pair wire cutters.
Not amazing at all, just normal.
They are tasked with removing parts and equipment not with preserving the value of the vehicle, once you understand that nothing they do surprises you or even disappoint you, it's just part of the used MV experience.

papakb

The ambulance resusitator pack lives on the left front of the body and the cables route around inside the body itself. At least that's the way thet are in my M996A1. The wires in the picture are the feed to the ambulance body power distribution panel.

Ambulance battery system.jpg

Southerneze

The cables coiled up in the storage comnpartment are for an aspirator/resuscitator thas was apparently fixed inside the patient compartment. Usually, they are secured with shrink tubing at the inner end, and are not connected to the batteries, but coiled up like in your picture.
If you are going to connect them to the batteries, make sure the ends inside the compartment are secured, otherwise there might be some electrical fireworks.

By the way: Anybody got any pictures of those aspirators/resuscitators ?
Thanks so much, that was a big help. Just got through securing those cable connectors. I have no plans of adding the aspirators/resuscitators. If I can get to the National Guard Med unit Iwill post some pictures of their vehicles
Take Care
Gary

AAVP7

Good luck for finding that rear steps. They seem to have been demilled from all the M997s from recent auctions. I think Kascar had some, but for quite some $$$.

The steps could be replicated by any competend metal shop, but are pretty complicated, so a replica would probably not turn out much cheaper than Kascar´s price.

AAVP7

I live only an hour from Cologne, so if you´ve got time when overhere, we can meet if you want. Then again, the first half of July, I will actually be in California.

I´ve been thinking about any small parts I might need, but anything that´s still on my list seems to be heavy and huge. Your wife might notice....:ROFLMAO:

But thanks for the offer !

If you need any detail pics or measurements for the rear steps, give me a shout. I was lucky to get an ambulance top with intact original steps and doors.

Last edited:
Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks