• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 6.2l plugged valley drain

rcamacho

I’ve searched through the old threads and found that the military plugged the valley drain on some engines.

That’s the case with my 6.2 L. It looks like there’s a steel dowel or plug in the valley drain I’m curious if this has been hammered/epoxied in or whether it’s NPT threaded and it requires transmission removal to remove the plug.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no drain for the 6.2, that came about on the later 6.5 with turbo embossment.
6.2 is low enough In the rear valley to just drain down the back of the motor.
what I have noticed is the 6.5’s that have been rebuilt by Melton have had the drain tube removed and the hole plugged.
only non rebuilt GEP 6.5 and OEM 6.5’s and TD‘s have the hole and drain tube intact.
This drain tube 99% of the time is clogged anyway as the tube is bent and flattened so much there is about
20% of the tube that is useable and just a small amount of wet sentiment clogs it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks