• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 60 Amp to 200 Amp upgrade?

FlyingM9

My 60 amp alternator in my 998 ate itself yesterday. After reading various posts I think I want to upgrade to the 200 amp dual voltage system. From what I can tell I need the 200 amp upgrade kit and of course the 200 amp alternator. Is their anything else that should be concerned about? Brands? NOS? or New or overhauled, bad serial number range of alternators etc?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I have some NOS 200 amp upgrade kits here for the m998.... let me check.....

Z

Chaski

I would count on belt squealing with 200amp alternators. On a good cold morning after a couple glow plug cycles and cranking it over as soon as that voltage regulator kicks on full blast you are going to have belt squeal trying to transfer that much horsepower with a v belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks