• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 at the truck pull

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Weighed in at 5500lbs. Should have distributed some extra weight in the floor pans first. The lowest diesel class was 7000lbs so I was at a big disadvantage to begin with. There is 12000lbs of concrete on the sled. I got it a few inches. I think if I had an extra 1000lbs of weight evenly distributed on the truck I would have done better.
FullSizeRender.jpghttps://youtu.be/l-tZzPq3jmI

Last edited:

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soon you will lectured in this post by guys who say they wouldn't do that with their m998 and how you abused it. Lol

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Stock truck. Only thing I changed were some lights. 6.5 with 3spd trans. I did 18 psi in the front 20 rear. I should have gone lower. Low range 1st gear. I tried giving a bit of brake it didn't help. 12k was just too much weight for a 5500lb truck to pull.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I live down the street. I swapped the humvee for the m1078. They don't have enough weight to stop that. There's a vid in the lmtv forum of me pulling 23k+ of concrete on the sled. I have some heavy straps so I suggested a tug o war. They were working up to doing a few trucks against the lmtv but after a few rounds some of the fair officials said to stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks