• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 dome light suggestions

Mario

Have any of you wired the dome to the existing light control box?
I was thinking of wiring my future dome into the high inside light selection of the main light control box (the 3 lever one -- whatever it's called).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jakob1944

Nothing that I can see or feel......It is the first one I've ever seen...It appeared to be hard wired to one of the 12V battery's terminal (they disconnected it when GP put in new batteries for me to take possession) .....the wire comes off the light assy. an is routed via inside the "B" pillar......I was thinking it was a Kansas NG Mod that was applied through out that Guard's vehicles....Some one with more knowledge could share some info.....interesting......and to my surprise it works......

Stonewall

I ran my electrical inside a 1/4" diameter air hose and used hose clamps to secure the hose to the pillars. I like that this light has the additional button needed to move the switch to the "white" selection.

20170124_143603.jpg20170124_143618.jpg20170124_143735.jpg20170124_143756.jpg

Mario

I ran my electrical inside a 1/4" diameter air hose and used hose clamps to secure the hose to the pillars. I like that this light has the additional button needed to move the switch to the "white" selection.

View attachment 673347View attachment 673348View attachment 673349View attachment 673350
Question; so in this configuration is the low level blue-ish light on during normal operations (I presume except during blackout mode) and the bright white light comes on with the unit mounted switch?

Mario

Guys, what's the item called? I searched fleabay from "MRAP map light" , dome light and few others and I'm not coming up with anything.
There is a chance that there aren't any for sale now...

Mario

Guys, what's the item called? I searched fleabay from "MRAP map light" , dome light and few others and I'm not coming up with anything.
There is a chance that there aren't any for sale now...
Never mind, searched for "MILITARY DOME LIGHT" and came up with a bunch of hits.

Stonewall

Normal operation, nothing is on. move the switch one way, you get the blue light. Push button and move switch the other way, you get the white light.

Question; so in this configuration is the low level blue-ish light on during normal operations (I presume except during blackout mode) and the bright white light comes on with the unit mounted switch?

Mario

Normal operation, nothing is on. move the switch one way, you get the blue light. Push button and move switch the other way, you get the white light.
Got it.
So dome light is not tied into vehicle's lighting infrastructure at all.

Stonewall

correct. You just supply 24 vdc to the fixture and tie a ground wire to the case of the fixture. The light has its own switch. I suppose like an above post suggested you could take the 24 vdc supply off of the wire coming off the main light switch. Presumably you would take it off of the bright interior light lead. this would allow the dome light only to work when the bright interior panel light switch position was engaged.

I opted to take 24 supply from horn circuit. It is very accessible, as you just splice into the correct wire at the horn (very easy to get to). the horn circuit has 24 volt going to the horn and the switch happens on the ground side of the circuit.

Got it.
So dome light is not tied into vehicle's lighting infrastructure at all.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thosemilitaryguys have a nice overhead console for the humvee, it's a little spendy but it has a dome light 24 to 12 volt converter, speakers and an amplifier that takes sd cards. A couple of extra toggle switches and breakers.

Mario

Thosemilitaryguys have a nice overhead console for the humvee, it's a little spendy but it has a dome light 24 to 12 volt converter, speakers and an amplifier that takes sd cards. A couple of extra toggle switches and breakers.
I saw that. I would like to know what kind of amplifier they're using before dropping that kind of cash

jake-cutter

I notice that the newer LED models have a connection on each end. Can they be daisy chained together with only 1 connected to the battery? Also, anyone know where to get the cable?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks