• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 fan clutch messed up after the installation of Mile Marker hydraulic winch

vinhvinny

[FONT=&quot]Help, please.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After taking the hydraulic Mile Marker winch off my M1038 and put it on my M998, the winch worked but the M998 fan clutch engages full time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]with these facts:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].The hydraulic winch worked flawlessly on the M1038--fan clutch on/off properly, too.
.Before the swap the fan clutch system of the M998 also worked properly
.I made no mistake putting the winch into the m998 since both truck have the same hydroboost and steering box

Now, the problem is also: bypassing the winch, putting the same old hose back the same way: M998 the fan clutch still engages FULLTIME! (with the power delivered properly to the cadillac valve as normal)
Please help me, at least, get the fan clutch to work again without the winch.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 3.34.47 PM.png

[/FONT]

Bravojmc

Help, please.
After taking the hydraulic Mile Marker winch off my M1038 and put it on my M998, the winch worked but the M998 fan clutch engages full time.
with these facts:
.The hydraulic winch worked flawlessly on the M1038--fan clutch on/off properly, too.
.Before the swap the fan clutch system of the M998 also worked properly
.I made no mistake putting the winch into the m998 since both truck have the same hydroboost and steering box

Now, the problem is also: bypassing the winch, putting the same old hose back the same way: M998 the fan clutch still engages FULLTIME! (with the power delivered properly to the cadillac valve as normal)
Please help me, at least, get the fan clutch to work again without the winch.

View attachment 696140

Did you reverse the lines ...?

owensexport

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably hooked the winch circuit breaker power wire to the wrong lead
up on the water cross over pipe. Make sure it is on the ignition on
hot lead and not the lead that comes out of the switch to power
the Time delay Module.

vinhvinny

I found the problem: my hoses was contaminated when I threw them to the side of my driveway. it clogged the cadillac valve. So I cleaned out the valve and problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks