• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 fan removal question

rcamacho

Read the TM.
Four recessed holes to access the mounting bolts. Fan clutch may need to be released in order to align the holes to bolts. Use air pressure to do so. TM covers this.

I’ve recently replaced the pump on an 1151A1 so the procedure is top of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like he said, there are 4 cap (allen head) screws that will line up with the 4 holes, you will probably have to put about 90psi on the clutch fitting to release the clutch then carefully align the cap screws with the holes and remove the air.

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea while you have it off to check the clutch seals, etc. Small impact works wonders. Check everything as you go. Take your time. Use your TM. Check twice, replace once. You wont have to tear it all apart again. Just replaced mine a couple months ago. Shaft sheared away from impeller. It overheated a bit fore I got it off the road. Now I'm replacing the Glow Plug Controller. HMMMM?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks