• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 generator belt number

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a 60 amp then it's Gates #7640. It is 64 5/8 inches long If you have gates brand local.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure to get a "matched" pair, one used to be able to buy them at the local parts store but no longer, the best you can do is make sure the 2 belts have the same production code/date

There are military matched sets out there also.

The community wants you to read the TMs because we understand it will get you more acquainted with your vehicle and will be helpful to YOU in the long run.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure to get a "matched" pair, one used to be able to buy them at the local parts store but no longer, the best you can do is make sure the 2 belts have the same production code/date

There are military matched sets out there also.

The community wants you to read the TMs because we understand it will get you more acquainted with your vehicle and will be helpful to YOU in the long run.
Thank you! I actually bought 2 matching sets on Ebay this morning. I understand and appreciate the fact that it would be helpful for us to read and learn the TM's, but then it kinda defeats the purpose of forums like this as a majority of the threads involve working on vehicles and are in question form. And when someone is told to basically look it up themselves it comes of a somewhat insulting and may lead them away from asking any other questions, and at some point stop them from returning to the forum. FYI as of last night, I am learning how to navigate the TM manual. Just got two M1151's (the belts are for M1097's) in and one has a brake issue and the other needs to have the blower replaced.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I actually bought 2 matching sets on Ebay this morning. I understand and appreciate the fact that it would be helpful for us to read and learn the TM's, but then it kinda defeats the purpose of forums like this as a majority of the threads involve working on vehicles and are in question form. And when someone is told to basically look it up themselves it comes of a somewhat insulting and may lead them away from asking any other questions, and at some point stop them from returning to the forum. FYI as of last night, I am learning how to navigate the TM manual. Just got two M1151's (the belts are for M1097's) in and one has a brake issue and the other needs to have the blower replaced.
As Doghead pointed out a simple search would have also turned up results for you as this has been covered a bazillion times.
I do not believe anyone told you to look it up yourself.
There are lots of folks here willing to help but someone had to look up the information FOR you as nobody remembers all of the part numbers.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes sir. I am actually thankful to doghead for his post and I used his link to find the info on an item (although it took me a few hours to figure out how to cross reference the TM info). This isn't my feed and I did not ask for help on it. But the general consensus on this forum and on all forums like it is to tell people to read the TM if they want answers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks