• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Generator Gauge Not working

AynorArmory

I just got my grounding kit from Kascar and it works great. Since i have had the M998 my generator gauge has not worked. Thought maybe the grounding harness would fix that but nope. Any ideas? I replaced the gauge with a brand new one. Any thoughts?

mechanicjim

check the wires going into to see if system voltage is getting there, you can also see with your old gauge by looking up its wire schematic can just making jumper leads to a battery to see if it'll "work"

papakb

Use a multimeter and read pins N (Alt Out) and P (Alt Gnd) on the STE/ICE connector. If you have voltage there the alternator is working. The ribbed connector on the voltmeter is the alternator input pin so look for + voltage there. The smooth connector on the voltmeter is the ground pin. Make sure it's connected to the ground stud behind the heater control panel. Not much else to this circuit. The voltmeters are common failure items.

STE-ICE pinout.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks