• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 No Fuel to Injectors (Rebuilt IP last year)

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out the issues was the fuel lift pump and the PCB. I replaced the lift pump and the stall went away and when I upgraded to the KDS Smart Start System, the white smoke went away.

That was great, but here is the kicker... I needed a few days to calm down before posting. My passenger seat has 4 bolts protruding about a half of an inch below the seat. When I put the seat on (And it wasn't seated just right) one bolt found the positive terminal and the opposite bolt found a body ground on the passenger side of the battery compartment. I realized something was screwed when my auxiliary ground wire (The wire from the block to the PCB, bolt literally caught on fire) and burned to the wire.

My question is now what? What are the most probable points of failure after a major short? I am going to check continuity on wires but is the body or engine harness most vulnerable to this sort of major short? Do I just go through the TM on testing continuity on all electrical components? Am I chasing my tail if they test out good but became brittle? Should I replace the harnesses both body and engine?

The starter turns but no wait light at all and engine does not start. I'm about to make someone a **** of a deal on a used M998.

probably smoked your EESS...don’t feel bad, I’ve seen this happen before, that’s why I cut the seat studs down after installation of the seat onto the batter box cover.