• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Transport needed from Lake Butler, Florida to Spring Lake, NC

rodny123

EUC should be released this coming Tuesday and hmmwv should be available for pickup next week as well. Please message me with a delivery quote or please recommend somebody.

Pickup in Lake Butler, Florida 32054
Destination in Spring Lake, NC 28390

Thanks,
Rodney

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We have a steel soldiers member near by that can get this picked up and stored if you can't find reasonable shipping costs. It is pretty high at the moment.

I would be about 1.50 a mile @ 450 miles = $675. I have some stuff needing to go down to Madison, FL. The SS member there I am sure would be able to pick it up and take it to his place on a trailer and I can load it up at his place. So we don't have to deal with the GP reps on getting down there on time. I have a pickup on the way up in Augusta, GA so it would be a 2 day trip from pickup to drop off.

Let me know.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a steel soldiers member near by that can get this picked up and stored if you can't find reasonable shipping costs. It is pretty high at the moment.

I would be about 1.50 a mile @ 450 miles = $675. I have some stuff needing to go down to Madison, FL. The SS member there I am sure would be able to pick it up and take it to his place on a trailer and I can load it up at his place. So we don't have to deal with the GP reps on getting down there on time. I have a pickup on the way up in Augusta, GA so it would be a 2 day trip from pickup to drop off.

Let me know.
Doesn't get much better than that.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not too far from Lake Butler either. That's where I had to go to pick up my gen set. Be more than happy to provide short term storage if need be.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm not too far from Lake Butler either. That's where I had to go to pick up my gen set. Be more than happy to provide short term storage if need be.
If you can Russ. I can bring you down a set of 395s then too.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

FloridaAKM

I don't have a trailer capable of hauling the truck, but I live 15 miles from the storage yard & can flat tow & store the truck if that is what is needed. I do not think there is anybody closer. Does the truck run?

Now if I can just get my M1082 trailer from Albany to Gainesville. I be sitting in high cotton.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I don't have a trailer capable of hauling the truck, but I live 15 miles from the storage yard & can flat tow & store the truck if that is what is needed. I do not think there is anybody closer. Does the truck run?

Now if I can just get my M1082 trailer from Albany to Gainesville. I be sitting in high cotton.
Probably can get it to you, Joseph's 5 ton can back it on my trailer and put the generator back on the trailer. Then use your deuce to unload it since i drop the generator off in madison. Should work.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
125 all the way to your place sound fair? Would want to come to your place if you can get the Hmmwv picked up. No sense is towbarring it that far with an unknown condition

FloridaAKM

Sounds like a great idea, we will have to see what the Op has to say as to what recovery method he has come up with. If good with him, let me know a time line. The M1082 does have the framework of the cover in the bed if that might be a problem. My place has limited moving/turning room for big trucks, but there are several areas closeby with plenty of room to maneuver & unload trucks & trailers.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perry Fl .to lake Butler Fl. is almost 2 hours. I am just 1/2 hour away if you need help. Big yard in Interlachen and big yard at my other home in Newberry. You could drop off Allens trailer and Russ's tires in Newberry. Newberry is one hour from Perry. I can get Allen his trailer. Newberry is easy to get to from I 75. PM me and get my #. Does the truck at Butler run as I have a goose neck and could pick up and store.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

James is at it again, working miracles for folks here on Steel Soldiers & elsewhere. Kudos to James for being able to do all this in a short time frame of planning. Rodny123 must have really good karma to have all this help lined up on a Sunday after Thanksgiving. :wink:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Russ, do you have the contact info for the guy there about pickups? And times?

FloridaAKM

I have all the info about the GP rep @ Lake Butler, his name is Larry & I have dealt with him many times during recovery. A very helpful individual! I can contact him to see what shape the truck is in as I need to preview a couple of items up for auction in the near future.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have all the info about the GP rep @ Lake Butler, his name is Larry & I have dealt with him many times during recovery. A very helpful individual! I can contact him to see what shape the truck is in as I need to preview a couple of items up for auction in the near future.

The op saysThanks allen if you can do that he would appreciate it. Item # is 926723 . Gov planet # G59678

FloridaAKM

I will get with him tomorrow to see if he can bring the truck to the staging area to look @. To actually pick it up, James or I will need the release form signed as to who picks it up & the rest of the paperwork as usual. We will see how this all shakes out in the next day or so. I can't pay James for the things he has done for me, but I can pay it forward to another member who needs his truck recovered for him. Trying to get a military vehicle home after auction causes a lot of anxiety reguardless if you have done it or not.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks